Saturday, March 2, 2013

Today I ate... Homemade Macaroni and cheese and homemade chicken nuggets


The macaroni and cheese is something I threw together. I made a roux, added some pesto Gouda and aged havarti from Trader Joes and added it to Schar Anellini pasta.

The chicken nuggets are from a few different recipes. I took a pack of ground chicken and mixed one egg, salt and garlic with it. I then formed them in nugget shapes and breaded them with Schar breadcrumbs. I froze them earlier so today I was able to pop them in the oven for 25 minutes at 350. After brushing the, with a little butter to help with browning.

When I was younger my grandma Viola would make the best homemade Mac and cheese and I can never seem to replicate it. I think she used velveeta and I'm a little afraid to use that now, who knows maybe someday.

*If anyone ends up reading this and is interested in recipes just comment and I'll be more specific regarding ingredients.

No comments:

Post a Comment